MagnumWheelMan
(.224 member)
20/05/09 09:38 PM
Re: Martini anyone ???

WOW... very nice... even though both of mine are sporterized, the wood is period "looking" I'd love to eventually get better wood ( or in the case of my "safari" even matching wood )

my 50-70 has a little story... it was found as a basket case in a rotted out wooden box along with several other guns in a river by Northfield MN several years ago & it was proposed that it could have even been in a catche of guns from Jesse James from robbing the bank, & they never got around to recovering them ??? pretty far fetched, but most of the other guns were revolvers ??? the wood was rotted, & my local builder ( this used to be his gun ) re-made almost all the small parts... the reciever is pretty pitted but the crest & some of the marks are still readable... it's pretty loose in comparasion to my 45-70, but safe for "normal" loads in 50-70, which he added the new barrel... it actually shoot pretty good... I bought the rifle with al his cast bullets & a couple custom molds, a couple 100 Dixie solid head cases, & a few of his loads & reciepe for safe smokeless loads for the gun...

the 45-70 can handle any load I care to stuff in it... I still have not regulated the sights yet, as I'm still trying to decide a permanent load for it before I file the sights...

I'm a pretty big 22 Hornet fan, & will have to find the money to buy a Cadet in 22 Hornet some day... my current 2 the bottom one in the 2nd pic is my 50-70 the top pic is my 45-70

45-70 "Safari"

45-70 & 50-70... ( 50-70 on bottom )

Contact Us NitroExpress.com