Postman
(.375 member)
06/10/18 12:34 AM
Re: Immitation Swarovski 1-6

Quote:

Quote:

As other have said you can get good stuff from China however you normally pay for it. They will make you a Rolex, of S&B scope or Mercedes as good as the actual article but you will be paying nearly the same price. Cheap price is generally and indicator of a cheap build. You may have lucked out.

Let us know how it goes but do as suggested with a heavy recoiling rifle, box test and sticking it in the freezer then onto the rifle.

The entire "copying" other companies items, personally, pisses me off...each to their own..BUT, Cheena has made billions by stealing shit, copyright infringement, etc for decades from other companies, individuals, etc with no repercussions of any kind..and so it continues..

As long as people keep buy they will keep stealing.. in this way.. I have done it in the past as well, so not casting any stones..but, will no longer support that den of thieves..

Ripp is spot on. The good news is that the Chinese knock offs are most always junk and corporate theft should NOT be supported.

The copyight infringement and theft issues aside, the OP has indicated that the scope is for a Sako .30-06 so I’m really curious as to why one would put crap glass on such a quaility and highly accurate rifle? A Sako rifle here starts at a price point of $2k CDN, and there is general shooting sport concensus that suggests one should spend an equivalent amount of money on a scope as one would spend on the rifle. So why would one put a questionable piece of glass on such a nice rifle?

I would agree as has also been suggested that a cost effective and quite field acceptable alternative to the eye popping expensive Euro glass would be to buy a Leupold or a Zeiss Conquest. Being an owner of both I tend to favor Leupold over the cheaper Conquests or even the Swaro Z3 line....

I believe that the Leupold is the more cost effective and higher quality for the money when one isn’t able or willing to buy a good high end Zeiss, Swaro, or Leica scope.

Personally I generally try to buy top end when I can afford it and I buy Leupold as my minimum benchmark for my bush guns, truck guns, .22 rifles and even my new fangled FX pneumatic pellet gun. I simply hate to fight with junk equipment. No different than I hate to fight with junk tools when trying to do a job. Speaking of which, junk in tools = Chinese sourced.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com