z375
(.224 member)
16/04/15 06:23 PM
Remo 12ga Bore rifle project...Inputs needed!!

I have had a look at a Mauser 98-actioned Remo 12ga bolt-gun and was wondering whether it would be a suitable candidate for a bore rifle project. From what I've read about them on the web most say that they were better built and finished than the Mauser Geha bolt-action in 12ga at the time.

I've got an E.R. Shaw fully-rifled 12ga blank that's 24" long and 1.25" diameter through which I will shoot some BPI SPW sabots and mostly conicals which include the CBE Paradox 680-gr HP's and 750-gr solids, there's also a full-bore version of the Lyman Sabot Slug which measures .737" and weighs 660-gr in pure lead. Velocities would be around the 1300-1400fps mark with the full-bore stuff. Here they are...

My first course of action was to thread this barrel onto would be the 12ga Greener GP receiver, but since I've come across the Remo M98, I'm giving it some serious thought. I was leaning towards the Greener for sheer simplicity of design and strength, with the added bonus of having the original smoothbore barrel when needed! Please feel free to chime in on this as to which of the two would be a more logical choice for this project. Thanks!!

Contact Us NitroExpress.com