CowboyCS
(.333 member)
27/11/15 07:08 AM
Re: Federal-premiums-lead-muzzleloader-bullet/

This isn't directed at you daryl, I just clicked on your reply button.

szihn and I have had this discussion a few times since I was his apprentice so he knows where I stand but for the benefit of everybody else I'll restate my postion here;

What I hear, when I hear people complain about hunters who find a way to use an inline in "special muzleloader season", is they went to the gov't and asked for a privilidge and now they are upset that someone else found a way into their special privilidge.

Would you all be as happy if the modern inline owners lobbied for a special season that only inlines could be used in or would you be upset that they were trying to prevent "traditionalists" from hunting in their special inline season?

My actual positon on this and what I have been saying for years is, that we need to do away with all special seasons and allow hunters to use any weapon that provides a reliable humane kill. And I do mean any weapon... knife, spear, longbow, recurve, compound, atlatl, any variation of muzzleloader from the earliest to the latest and any cartridge firearm, et.al. The only criteria for these weapons should be that they be of sufficient ability to reliably penetrate the vital organs and provide for a humane kill. Any weapon you chose would be fine but everybody must hunt in the same season this way no one has a special privilidge that limits others, NO ENTITLEMENTS, everyone in the field at the same time. If you are a good hunter it shouldn't matter if modern rifle users are hunting at the same time you are using a kinfe, a bow or muzzleloader.

I personally don't own an inline rifle nor have I ever hunted with one but I don't have any problem with people who do own and use them finding ways to get them into other people's "special, privilidged, entitled" hunting season.

How about just being honest about not wanting anyone to infringe on your special privilidge that the gov't granted a bunch of whiners who lobbied louder than everyone else.

BTW, this is my current muzzleloading hunting rifle...non-traditional flintlock:
.62 caliber flintlock

Contact Us NitroExpress.com