Wedgetail
(.275 member)
09/07/22 03:28 PM
Re: 7x57 Type B Oberndorf style build

Kind of embarrassed to update this as it’s been so long. Not entirely my fault - decided there were too many issues with the barrel even though it’d been 18m since I received it and I messed with it quite a bit they agreed to make me a new one which was pretty decent. Although it missed out on a few specs I’m much happier with it and pleased with how it’s going.

Also the stock has been cut down too shallow - once inletted till the bottom metal was flush in all areas, and the receiver likewise they were too close together - bottoming out on the mag wall. I had to relieve so much off the mag wall the bolt wouldn’t close on 5 rounds. I removed metal from the follower and now it just closes… the shape is good and it looks at home, the shadows are making the gaps look bigger!

Anyway, like I said it’s now in a good place. It's feeding RNs at any length now and even empties (apart from the last one)! Headspace is still go+0.004". Next up - bedding with Devcon, making and fitting barrel band and fitting front sight. Need to source another extractor as this one isn't gripping rims as tight as I'd like. Really looking forward to shaping the stock.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com