Wedgetail
(.275 member)
03/08/20 06:46 PM
Re: 7x57 Type B Oberndorf style build

Sure - they certainly did, and I know you were only using it as an example of other side panels! It just struck a chord with with me not liking overstated gun art (or any art for that matter)...

Ok bit of a progress report. I’ve now got a couple of receivers to choose from, one gas less pitting than the other but still not 100%. I got it first, found the LH race was bent in a little causing the bolt to bind. I exchanged it for a straight one (pictured) but it has more pitting. I decided I didn’t like the pitting so the seller sent the other one back. A couple of minutes with the press and the race is now perfect and functions a1.

I was originally planning on using the vz24 bolt I had but decided I liked the low scope handle with checkered bottom and thought it would be a shame to break up a good action anyway. So I got another unmatched bolt from Harry’s Mausers. I told him I was building a custom and he sent me a virgin bolt - about the chrispest least molested bolt I’ve seen out side of a brand new rifle! Not sure whether to fit a Talley bolt handle or make one from bar stock. I’ve heard mixed reviews about Talley handles authenticity of shape? If I find myself having heaps of time I’ll make it but will need to hassle someone for handle dimensions

I lucked out on a new DST inletted into a bottom metal with lever floor plate release for cheap. I’ll need to hinge the floor plate and make the kicker - I’ve got a spare trigger and tracing of a kicker. I’ll have to graft a military trigger bow on and recontour. Unless someone has a solid bow’d DST’d bottom metal they want to swap with a shotgun style one?

Spud303 is very kindly sending me an original tangent sight. I’ve discovered Argentines have the same sight sleeve ID (~0.76”) so am hoping to form one into a base to suit (has this been done before? Any other ideas - Spanish Mauser maybe?). Pics when it arrives...

Contact Us NitroExpress.com