pjaln
(.375 member)
11/10/07 09:31 PM
Re: Don S's beautiful Rigby Mauser 303

don,on that 28 sackville gun , front sight is not typical ,the rear sight is not typical and i cant believe rigby would let a gun go without a buttpad but the bolt handle looks ok [being bent a little closer to the stock] and the stock style looks ok a call to paul roberts at jeffery usally straightens things out.the 7x61 on that site was owned or at least an article written by ken waters in RIFLE magazine years ago as one of his favorite rifles.
the 416.on that site sold for 25k
i spoke with the owner of the california based rigby co. and told him he should make cased identical copies of .275 rigbys ,like commemoratives they are relativly easy guns to biuld no cheeckpiece stocks.no grip caps,no forend tips,military style bottom metal, steel butt ordinary looking wood the only problem would be the intermidiate action but i guess it fell on deaf ears as my request for a serial number research
don, did you visit rigbys when they were in blackfriars area, it was there last adress before be sold i went there in 1995 im glad i got to see the place when they were still on the [other side] although not an impressive biulding that they were in ...paul

Contact Us NitroExpress.com