NitroXAdministrator
(.700 member)
09/12/22 08:23 PM
Re: .275 Rigby Corbett Commemorative rifle

Quote:

A veritable work of art, with funds raised serving a good purpose. I don't imagine it is a rifle you would fire let alone take into the field. Should be retained as a mint edition and of course an investment. Obviously it is nothing like the original workhorse .275 Rigb

y rifle that Corbett used but then it wasn't designed and built to be. I'm sure Jim would have enjoyed the engraving for being a great artist impression of the land and beasts he hunted in it.

Well Rigby has already made that commemorative, a faithfully produced even with the same scratches and dings Corbett presented plated rifle.

It's on a thread here on NE ascwell. I think curmudgeons even complained about that one as well. The dings weren't earned honestly or something like that. Wtf!?

Quote:

Jim if you hear me please solve the mystery.

Sooner or later it's time to revisit all the Corbett's books. I haven't for a decade or more.

I have a new pre-owned red leather bound "Maneaters of Kumaon"! The same as I featured on a thread. Red leather. Coloured maps and drawn images. Wunderbar!

I'll probably dig out my old cardboard cover Maneaters of Kumaon to read instead. Like a wonderful engraved work of art rifle staying in a display cabinet 0, my leather copy needs to stay pristine! I might read from it. Do I need archive gloves when reading it? Or does cigar or pioe smoke and whisky stains add to the character? Maybe some gun oil?

There was a set of six other red leather bound Corbett books for sale elsewhere. At 14x the price! Alas ...

Thanks to Mickey for receiving and resending the book to me. No foreign posting by the seller.

I wish there were good audio books of Corbett. Able to be listened to via smart phone download. Not via YouTube. I have endless hours of tractor work coming up.

I'll keep an ear and eye out for these deep Corbett mysteries!

Contact Us NitroExpress.com