(.300 member)
17/08/04 01:06 AM
Re: Northern Territory, Australia - Firearms Unit

Temporary (Visitors) Licence

All persons from overseas who wish to bring Category A, B or H firearms into Australia through the Northern Territory for recreation (safari) or competition shooting must apply for and be issued a Temporary Licence (Permit). No Temporary Permit will be issued for category C or D Class firearms without the applicant first obtaining approval of the Federal Government to bring the firearm into Australia.

The Police will also issue, a "B709A" Importation of Firearms certificate that will allow the firearms to successfully pass through Customs.

All applicants must provide the following details:

complete an official application for a Temporary Permit
provide a colour passport photograph
provide a photocopy of your current Shooter’s Licence (if applicable)
provide a photocopy of your current registration certificate for the firearms for which the Permit is required (if applicable)
provide a full detailed list of all firearms (make, model, serial number, type) and ammunition.
Click here to print out an application for a Termporary Permit.

Click here for pdf form.
(valid 17 August 2004)

Contact Us

Powered by UBB.threads™ 6.5.5

Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact

Copyright 2003 to 2011 - all rights reserved