Homer
(.416 member)
05/01/17 12:05 PM
Re: Handgun for IPSC - .357 SIG

375 Brno, please don't get me wrong, the Sig Sauer range of pistols are Quality all the way.

In particular, there are two things about the P226 range of pistols, that don't suit me.
1) It doesn't fit my hand shape (and Glocks 17's and 19's are the same).
2) The bore axis, sits a bit high in my hand (recoil leverage is magnified and recoil recovery slows, because of this).

As an example, a couple of weeks ago, one of the IPSC stages I shot, had a series of 5 x cardboard "Shoot" targets. Three were at ground level, each target was placed between and at the rear edge (recessed), of plastic 44 gallon drums (4 drums, 3 targets). Another 2 cardboard "Shoot" targets, were then located on top of the three ground level targets, again, between another three 44 gallon plastic drums.
So we had a pyramid of 4 x 44 gallon drums on the ground, with another 3 x 44 gallon drums sitting on top of the bottom 4 x drums. Between each of the drums, were located a pyramid of 3 and 2 "Shoot" targets. For concealability reasons, all targets were placed at the rear edge of the plastic drums.

The shooter had to start, standing level at one side (either Left or Right, your choice), of the outside edge of these drums, and 1.5 meters back from the leading edge of the drums.
The shooter started with a fully loaded (one up the spout and a full magazine, 10 + 1), and holstered handgun.
At the RO's command (the timers beep), the shooter had to draw and engage all 5 targets with two shots each, and in a safe manner and as quickly as possible whilst moving (in my case L to R), into a position to be able to sight and then engage the targets (both top and bottom).
FYI, I was able to get 2 shots on each target, for a total of 10 shots (but not a "Possible" score), in 3.91 seconds with my stock standard HS-2000 pistol, in 9mm Para (9x19mm).

Sorry for the drawn out "example" fella's but the above I hope, will give you a better understanding of why a "Handgun", has to fit and feel comfortable in YOUR HAND!

375 Brno, I hope that answered your question?

Regards
Homer

Contact Us NitroExpress.com