400NitroExpress
(.400 member)
10/12/07 01:33 PM
Re: Merkel open sights

Quote:

Well, it's good to know you read at least part of my post!

I read enough of it to know that you didn't read Mouse's.

Quote:

The most important part is that the only person's opinion that matters is 93Mouse's. It's his gun, and if he likes V/Beads or peeps or Battue sights, that's what he should get. I fully grant that he may indeed favor the sights you favor. You do good work with them and so might he.

Correct

Quote:

But most don't.

False. Indeed, I've had the opportunity to watch a lot of shooters using them. In my observation, your statement is just flat untrue.

Quote:

But who cares about me, you or the vast majority of shooters living and long gone. WE don't matter.

Only 93Mouse does, and I'm only giving him my opinion.

Correct, and if you'd read his first post, you'd know that he asked his question because he's already experiencing the normal limitations of the poor sights that you repeatedly recommend - the square notch and flat post that comes on Merkels. Re-read his post and look at the photo. The makers use them on these guns not because they're what's best, but because they're cheap. Almost all of the guys I know personally that have bought Merkels have had the same reaction that Mouse did and have had them replaced them with better sights - expresses. You recommended what he already has and doesn't like.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com