tinker
(.416 member)
26/11/05 05:55 AM
Re: Pedersoli Kodiak .45-70 rifles, Greetings, etc.

Hey Mike-

Talk of the Pedersoli DR is worn thin around the sites it seems. Either someone gets a good one or they don't.
The only ones I've handled have been train wrecks, hammers that bludgeon firing pin collets to the point of peening the firing pins in place so that the guns misfire, crap regulation (non-regulation) funny metal fit, lock plates that are warped like main sails in a changing wind...

Good for the guys who have pedersoli rifles that shoot.
Mabye the muzzle loading rifles shoot and are built better than the cartridge guns I've seen.

There are a few guys here who have handled, shot, and owned numerous to several high grade and well built double rifles, taken them against lots of thin skinned and dangerous game animals, and along the way have deeply researched the intricate histories of the makers and the trade of nice double rifles.
There's a lot of information on tap here, at times you'll see folks speaking out of thier experiences or preferences somewhat in juxtapose to the topic raised or the question asked. There are also quite a few regional and national colloquial slants on the common language spoken here too, so take all that into consideration when someone speaks up in a thread with a tone you might not have expected to hear, nine and some fraction of times out of ten any sense of misunderstanding or friction is simply from the nature of internet tippity-tapping on the keypad *from one part of the world* to someone *somewhere else*

I get the feeling you'll have a lot to offer the community here with your experience as a barrel maker. In respect to your trade and skills there, you have a unique perspective to offer.

Stick around and have a good time.

--Tinker

Contact Us NitroExpress.com