Aloysius
(.224 member)
11/10/05 02:33 AM
Re: Your Double Rifle...

Thank you to every one who has replied so far!

See, the thing is (and most of you will think I'm crazy) is that I'm in no particular rush to buy a home. When I was married I had a $250K home, cars, and all the responsiblities that went with it. I felt like I was dead already and that id be a old man before I knew it. because of that and a few other reasons I got divorced. Now, I focus on doing everything that I want to do in my life before my time is up. BTW, I'm 29 and no where near a mid-life crisis yet. Having a double rifle means many things to me:

a) its something I've wanted since I was 13 and getting a chance to hold one. Even then, as young as I was, I still remember how incredibly solid it felt, the smoothness of the action, and holding something that represented hours of painstaking craftsmanship.

b) I often imagine it being passed down to my future great grandson/daughter, along with how to properly care for it so it can be passed further down the line. I still remember how it felt when my father presented me with my grandfather's German target pistol. Every time I bring it to the range I think of him, the short time I had with him as a child, and how the pistol is a link between he and I.

c) To me, there is nothing better than the rush of a big bore going off, taking the recoil, and having the satisfaction of the round going on target. Though its probably not that big of a deal to someone that has shot a .577, .600, or bigger..the largest I've fired was a Ruger #1 in 458 Lott. It put a smile on my face.

Again, thank you to those so far that took the time to reply. I'll be squirreling some cash away in my safe and waiting for the day I call Searcy.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com