NitroXAdministrator
(.700 member)
15/08/21 03:18 PM
Re: Ruark's W.J. Jeffery & Co. .450/400 NE 3"

[quoteJohn, I priced a new Chapuis recently and the price for a new one is $17500. Also priced the Heym 89B Professional Hunter which comes in at $21500. The Heym 89B looks exactly like a classic English gun.

There have been a few pre-war Jeffery doubles for sale at auctions over the last few years and they have sold for around the $15K mark, give and take.

Matt.

That's a higher price for the Chapuis, and a lower price for the Heym that I expected. For $4000 difference I would hang out for the Heym if I could.

They have all gone up from when I visited the factories in price, now alos having local dealers.

The Heym's relatively new English styling is a lot improved. When I visited and was considering a new rifle to be made, I had some eleven or twenty one modifications desired ... all that added up the price. The new styling fixes a lot of these.

I'd go for one in .375 Flanged with a scope and it would become my all round go to rifle. My .450 NE would become the big heavy beast stuff and close in brush hunting rifle.

A .450/400 bridges the two.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com