JeffWemmer470
(.224 member)
07/05/05 02:32 AM
Re: why doesnt Ray like Chapuis s ???

Here's a thought.

I'll be that Ray has handeled and hunted a greater # and variety of rifles than most of us.

That withstanding, there must be a legitimate reason as to his dislike of these rifles.

Me however, a different reason.

When compared to a Searcy for example there are some hugely obvious mathematical reasons as to why the Searcy is superior:

Dealer margins - Butch has no strutcured dealer network - he's pretty much diret to customer. "Cha-ching"
Labor rates - Chaupis rifles are made in Europe - the world's worst business environment - super high labor and tax rates! "Cha-cha-ching"
Exchange rates: The dollar is sucking wind to the Euro - almost a 30% penalty to buy European goods nowadays, plus import duties. "Cha-cha-cha-ching!"

So, you end-up spending 10K on one of either of these rifles; Searcy, Chaupis - Which do you think is going to be the better value and overall better rifle!

I'll answer that for you - SEARCY!!!

That I'm sure is part of Ray's problem with Chaupis - you are essentially paying 10K for a 6-7K dollar rifle.

That's the math aspect of it!

And that's why for now I won't even consider an expensive European weapon of any kind - you're going to take a 30% hit!

Hey World - This is the best time ever to buy American - It's a steal!

Contact Us NitroExpress.com