NONAGONAGIN
(.224 member)
04/04/14 02:18 AM
Re: Sabatti Double Rifles, Brickbats & Bouquets

I need answers...not repeats of what has been posted on all the double rifle forums I've been to about the "Sordid Sabatti Saga".

I'm a newbie to double rifles but, NOT to this shooting game(been at it 60 odd years). I don't even have a DR yet, just single/double/pump/auto shotguns shooting slugs(poor men's double rifles). I'm looking into buying a double rifle so I checked out all the brands new/used in the price range up to $20K.

Sabatti looked good because of the price and I won't use it for anything other than sage squirrels and paper.

I'm simple...I was a dirt spread mechanic/heavy duty welder...I've bent and twisted a lot of metal and a lot of college classes on metallurgy and attendant subjects and I build my own rifles.

I've read all the roundy-roundy over metal removal at the muzzle on some of the Sabatti's and watched the Sabatti video on there regulation, looked at the muzzles on some doubles that have some kind of regulating device on one barrel along with the regulating wedge.

I want a rifle that is regulated...NO MATTER HOW IT'S DONE...as long as the regulation doesn't change over time, so I can't quite understand all the jumping up and down over metal removal at the muzzle...it doesn't matter to me whether I pay 5 large or 500 large for the shooter, the "esthetics", and I don't go around looking down the muzzle of deadly weapons.

Someone tell me the difference between BENDING a barrel and metal removal as long as it STAYS POINTED IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION. I can't see any difference in the different procedures...BOTH are mechanical means to "straighten" a barrel or to get the bullet to go a certain way.

I fully understand about regulating through tailoring the load...I have a couple of large cal rifle with solid fixed sight regulated to a 50-100 yd zero.

Thanks for any insights that haven't already been wrung out many times over.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com