new_guy
(Sponsor)
18/11/04 10:29 AM
Re: Will a Chapuis 470 hold is value of time?

Depends on what you pay. Typically, I figure that a dealer has about 20% mark-up in a new gun (Sometimes more in a used one), and add to that 11% FET (for a new one), and the dealer can replace your used (assuming you have to sell it to a dealer for a "quick sale) gun with a new gun for @ 31% less than retail.

So that's kind of the equation. If you can buy it for back of those figures, then you know what you're looking at come sale day.

As for the brand, I don't understand the Chapuis higher-grade / priced guns... they are competing at whole different level once they reach the 20K mark and there are a lot of different options at that price point.

So I see how you could get stung on buying a 20K Chapuis... based on the equation above, they guy with the 21K Chapuis came out about right... receiving about 70% of what he paid for it.

But on the lower grades, there is a much bigger market... if you can apply the above equation on mark-ups and feel good about it - then you're probably OK.

The other consideration is that the dollar is WAY down... the wholesale cost on those guns has gone up 40% in the past two years - based on teh Euro exchange rate... so in-effect all European guns have gone up 40% in value (when you consider the replacement cost.)

Contact Us NitroExpress.com