rolandbaptiste
(.275 member)
05/09/10 01:38 AM
Re: Engraving

To conclude the discussion, I will give my opinion ;-)
I am an engraver since 20 years and my father was an engraver since 45 years. I was born in a country that is a cradle of engraving and I believe I know it better than anyone in this area.
In the engrave there are two aspects.
The artistic side and the side own technical.
For the artistic side everyone has their tastes and prefer one or the other engraver following his desires.
For the technical side, I think not having a problem with that and to master the thing.
I can also cite the names of engravers, but it is a matter of taste as in the painting.
You can think what you want from my work I know what I'm worth and I do not need any lessons.
For sure I know some engravers who are working on the digital machine and finish the job by hand.
For lenses, already in the last century they were already using.
I learned to engrave with a hammer and chisel and push graver.
Now I use the binocular and airgraver and as you can see on the video on my site.
The binocular is much more comfortable than the lens and less damaging the eyes. The airgraver is more comfortable for the hand and softer for the job.
In any case, the work isn't easier, but it is better to work than sitting upright and that my vision remains good longer.
I hope you understand my bad english.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com