470evans
(.333 member)
01/11/09 03:07 AM
Re: OSR, Double Damage and Barnes' Response

Cal,

I'm glad you haven't seen any damage to your Wilkes, have you ever seen a gun with OSR? That's a rare gun to experiment with.

Can you bring the 600 to SCI?

Most people who have never had OSR pointed out to them don't know what it looks like and many have handled doubles with OSR that weren't aware it was there , I know I didn't know how to see it until JJ pointed it out to me.

The analogy that the same way you determine the quality of striking on a double barrel shotgun is the same way to pick up OSR is a good one.

There will be some surprised people at SCI when they see the gun 400 brings. The argument will stop being does OSR exist? which is silly, and focus on the cause, which is a good thing.

I've handled 5 guns with OSR so far. 2 1906-1908 era British doubles, 2 1920's British doubles and 1 1920's Belgium double.

My only confirmation that monos cause OSR is the owners of 2 of these doubles that I've handled with OSR shot quite a few Barnes bullets through them. My doubles, 6 of them, that didn't have OSR when I got them and have been shot exclusively with Woodleighs, Hornady lead core and Hawk bullets still exhibit no OSR.

Is that "proof" the monos caused it? No, but it's good enough for this DR owner not to fool around with monos.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com