400NitroExpress
(.400 member)
11/10/09 12:35 PM
Re: Let's have some fun.

Quote:

I suppose what you are saying that only you and others of like views taste is all that matters. You are certainly allowed to have that view but it does not have to apply to all. I personally don't like decorated guns period but that again is a personal view and I don't set myself up as the judge of values for all. All people are not collectors and beleive it or not all gun owners do not believe the art of gunmaking stopped with the British. Those,of course,are personal opinions as are the others presented on this forum. You are certainly entitled to yours as I am to mine.

Then your answer to my above question is "YES". Right? Stay on point and answer the question, as that is the question posed by the OP.

The OP asked this question:

Quote:

It's obvious someone spent some money getting this Lang tarted up....er, I mean refinished.

How many items can you notice that weren't done in the correct style?

http://www.pugsguns.com/findItem.action?id=2015 />

Your response was:

Quote:

I'm dense correct style as to who and what?

You were so ignorant of the subject matter that you had to ask what he meant. Then you presumed to express an opinion on a subject that you factually are and admit to being utterly clueless about, and then have the arrogance to express contempt for the subject at hand.

Since you expressed your incomprehensible opinion so forcefully, I don't think it's too much to ask that you answer the question:

Quote:

So if YOU found an original pre-war Holland & Holland .500/.465 Royal that had been "restored" or "upgraded" with a thumbhole stock, and the barrels cut to 18 inches and Magna Ported, you'd pay the $80,000 asking price? Right?

I ask because it seems to me that my question fairly characterizes your expressed opinion. Hey, I'm just trying to understand.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com