Der_Jaeger
(.375 member)
05/03/09 01:05 PM
Re: Boycott Barnes Bullets!

I have a few comments on this:

1. I'm not sure what this really means. Both copper and lead are "heavy metals" and can be toxic in the body. Lead, Mercury, and Plutonium are most toxic and serve no benefit to the body. Iron, Cobalt, Copper, Manganese, Molybdenum, and Zinc can also be toxic, but also can have beneficial effects.
2. Lead shot is being used all over the world to hunt small game and upland birds. How much lead do people really eat from game? What are the other more potent sources of lead poisoning in our society? I guarantee it isn't from ammo containing lead. Lead poisoning is easily recognized and diagnosed so, where are these people????
3. I have a lot of ammo that contains lead that I'm going to use on game regardless of legislation
4. I never eat meat within 2-3 inches of a wound channel made from a rifle.
5. This "lead free" push is being supported and funded by the anti-hunting groups and is backed by the Obama administration.
6. Talking with the DNR officers there, they have found that using steel shot for waterfowl on their lands has had just as harmful if not a worse effect on the wildlife than lead shot. The steel quickly begins to corrode, and significantly increases the iron content in everything. Too much iron causes liver, heart, and brain damage.

This "anti-lead" ammo stuff is pure BS.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com