doubleriflejack
(.333 member)
20/02/10 08:19 AM
Re: .577 NE build on 10GA Action

Nice workmanship, and I am so glad to see the pictures posted here, for that will settle the numerous recent posts from guys who said such a conversion wasn't possible, dangerous, etc. I built four of these, all using these big Spanish 10 ga. mag. actions with Greener crossbolts, two of them using the same action (love the sideclips) used by this builder, Ronvella, but I have no cameras of any kind (wouldn't know how to use one if I had one), so have no way of taking or posting pictures---thus, my delight with this builder posting pictures. I learned process in Tech. College class from W. Ellis Brown prior to his writing book on same subject (now in 2nd edition), and I have built several conversions now, with 100% success. Ronvella has posted pictures of his excellent craftsmanship and conversions, so I am now hoping that those guys who think it can't be done will not speak so loudly any more. Ronvella, I found the same as you, that, using Spanish actions such as this, some of the internal parts need to be "redone," as they tried to turn them out originally to meet a dollar selling figure, cutting corners, not the best workmanship. But, the actions alone are more than strong enough for even a .600 NE., and make for the best .577 NE rifles, far superior to any and all 12 gauge actions for such large calibers.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com