farshot
(.300 member)
09/01/09 02:26 AM
Re: 416 Rigby, having trouble finding primers

In Canada we don't need to be given a good reason if it is related to gun stuff - but generally the US State Deaprtment has many, many controls - some quite new, dealing with "End User" certificates prior to any components leaving the country. Some material such as anything that was EVER military is barred from leaving the United States - scopes , stocks etc are all part of this control. I am not saying in any way that it is wrong to do this -- there is a war being fought and I understand it - it just nmake sit hardfor law abiding guys that like guns. I for one dream of being able to phone Huntingtons and order some NE brass or bullets! Boy it would be easy!

Manufacturers in your country must apply for these Certs to the State Dept and many either havent got around to it or will not do it. Primers are just another item that can get choked off quickly here. I am not saying that this is the reason - but it is one of the reasons that we Canadians find it very hard to secure American made gun related supplies.

Powder and primers have their own "explosive" regs to contend with along with shipping hassles.

I for one am now looking to Europe for many of my items such as scopes or rings and bases (even US made items there are easier to get then directly from the USA).

Anyway TKV - try Alberta Tactical Supply in Calgary as Rick usually has some supply and may be able to spare some.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com