Ripp
(.577 member)
11/12/08 01:30 AM
Re: 375 hollnd and hollnd

Quote:

In a conversation when I called Swift's Hober for some bullets to test he said something to the effect that before the advent of premium bullets the .375 wasn't so much greater than many other rounds but after the advent of premium bullets its performance increased light years. More or less, that the .375 with modern high performance bullets is the equal to the .416 Rigby without them.

Don't agree...I have seen buff shot with both the .375 and .416---there is a noticeable difference, IMHO, that in most cases can actually been seen...as Boddington stated once--the 416 and larger "seems to numb them"....

I really don't understand the logic of the statement made by Hober, if one was using premium bullets in his .375 why would he not use them in a .416?? I understand the statement, just not the logic...sounds like .416 envy.... :grin

As I stated in my earlier post, think the .375 is a great round..but frankly, anything the can be done with .375 I can do with my 416 only with more authority when needed.. perfect case in point, I can also load 350 gr bullets in the .416 that will come awefully close to the ballistics of the .375..at least close enough that any eland or elk within 250 yards or less really won't argue with...

There, that's mt .02 for the day...

Ripp

Contact Us NitroExpress.com