NitroXAdministrator
(.700 member)
09/01/05 02:12 AM
Re: Black Death Charges

I've been charged by:

- a blind rabbit. Actually it was just running past me within a foot or so to get to its warren. As I was using some really old ammo in my .22 as I had run out of everything else and it was sighted in and kept missing it. I was lucky. It would have had me but being blind missed me in its charge. I got it after it passed by almost touching the barrels to its side.

- a hog deer I shot too high. It came for me, I fumbled a reload at 6 feet and seeing it was actually running uphill and didn't know where I was, when I stood up, it swerved and crashed into the thick undergrowth where it died within 5 metres. Had it actually been a dangerous animal and charging my fumblings would have mean it would have had me.

- a bull, it was wounded and I wasn't hunting. I jumped down a river embarkment and escaped. Good thing too as it was my bull and worth a lot of money.

- a hawk which had somehow taken a real dislike to me, and swooped me at least five times. It had a look to its face "like i owed it money", actually it looked really mean. It wasn't able to swoop after the fifth time.

Joking aside these minor incidences really show how easy it is NOT to succeed when something is coming at you, at least for me!

A elephant once charged my car too in Hwange, but the accelerator gots us out of the way. That one was fun.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com