shakari
(.400 member)
11/10/10 09:01 PM
Re: Which countries allow 9,3mm to be taken against elephant?

John,

Yeah, you Aussies get it really tough with your soppy Govt and their attitude to elephants and spotted cats.... and you guys really have my sympathy on that!

Mozambique has always been a bit of a stuff up where permits etc have been concerned and in some ways the PAC elephant thing reflected that but their recent moves to get the USF&WS have clarified things considerably.

To give you an idea of what a stuff up Moz can be: About 18 or so years ago, I was hunting near Cahora Bassa and as we were driving down an elephant path, we met another vehicle coming the other way. We stopped opposite each other and the guy asked what we were doing on his area....... I asked the same thing.

It's still not that uncommon for that kind of thing to happen in some areas up there!

I wouldn't suggest any Americans hold their breath on the USF&WS giving in but John Jackson is dragging them kicking and screaming into court time and time again and my guess is it's only a matter of time.

Frankly, John Jackson has been a Godsend to the American hunters (esp) and he doesn't get anywhere near the credit he deserves!

Funnily enough, I was sent ALL the court orders on the subject recently but the paperwork on it is a mile high. Most number in the region of 60 pages and there's probably a dozen of 'em.......... The short answer is USF&WS seem to have been repeatedly ordered to comply by the courts and they just ignore the orders!

I can provide a link to the Moz thing but before I do, it's (vaguely) on our site so you need to let me know if you're happy for me to post the link.

Alternatively, just go to the hunt Moz page and scroll down until you find the link.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com