Ingwe
(.275 member)
15/07/04 01:29 PM
Re: Dbl 9.3x74R or Bolt 458 for DG in close charge?

Hi Will,

Yes, Woodleigh does have a 320 gr solid, but not in a Flat Nose. A shame. That bullet would give outstanding penetration as well as a gaping wound channel. It would combine the best features of the solid and the soft.

And yes, you are also right on about the yardage and the time. The situation that I posed is measuring distance as a funtion of time, NOT YARDS. That is what I meant when I said that the actual number of yards is not germain to this scenario. You would have only a couple of seconds to shoot. There is just enough time for 2 aimed shots from a double, but only one shot from a bolt. That means it might be X number of yards for a lion in the open, or Y number of yards for a buff in the jess. Either way, the time before the animal impacts your poor body is the same. All other factors are equal, so both rifles fit perfectly, both rifles function flawlessly, both are loaded with excellent bullets for the task at hand - there are no other limiting factors - just time. And you are not being backed up - if you were that would render this crisis into a moot point. You only have a couple seconds and your hide is on the line.. Hmmm...

Contact Us NitroExpress.com