shakari
(.400 member)
11/04/04 03:24 PM
Re: Klaserie

Freischuetz,

I agree with you that the forums should be used as a tool for hunters to make friends, help each other and weed out the wheat from the chaff rather as a marketing tool.... Nor am I trying to criticise Mozambique or any other country. I'm just saying that I've hunted both countries (amongst others) and from my personal experiences Tanzania is a better country to hunt in than Mozambique for a general bag of Dangerous Game. Certainly it more marketable country....and I think that the number of hunters who hunt TZ compared to Mozambique would reflect this. Having said this there is no such thing as a typical hunter and each hunter has his or her own criteria for selecting a country to hunt in and which company to hunt with. Some use price only, some use success rates and some use overall quality and most use a combination of all 3. Those that want to hunt Moz will choose to hunt there, but I'm sure you'll agree with me that it's not for everyone.

As to areas being twice allocated, it may well be impossible, but what I said happened to me. It could have been caused by lots of things, but it did happen. I'm not suggesting that it was an entire concession area, just a small block or something similar..... but was a pain in the ass!

I don't understand your comment about Bilharzia not being in the delta. Bilharzia is prevalent in the Zambezi Valley and the human populations ensure it's not wiped out. Surely if it occurs in the Zambezi at Cahora Bassa it must also occur downstream in the delta?...... but I bow to your greater knowledge of the country.

One thing that both countries have in common is their principle of ensuring wilderness areas remain the property of the country and let out on fixed term leases to individual operators. This in my opinion is the best (in fact only) policy to pursue. Once these areas are owned by individual landowners it gets divided ny fences and the hunting spoiled. This has been proved in south Africa.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com