shakari
(.400 member)
26/03/09 12:03 AM
Re: Leopard charge.

Mate,

Those links, esp the second one are typical examples of instant experts who have spent a few weeks in Africa and read a few books, thinking they know considerably more than they actually do and consequently writing utter bollocks. Sadly, it happens all the time and is one of the main reasons the world is so full of 'part-time agents'.

Whilst I love the PHC books (IMO) most of what he wrote about Leopard hunting wasn't 'entirely accurate' As proof of that, try taking a Mod 12 and trying what PHC claims...... it simply doesn't work..... or at least, it didn't when I tried it. Regarding the first article, the guy quotes PHC but no where does he mention shooting a Leopard himself, let alone following it up with a shotgun.

In the second article, the author waffles a lot a quotes lots of second hand stories but admits to only ever having hunted 1 Leopard and makes no mention of a follow up at all, let alone a follow up on a wounded Leopard. Yet another instant bloody expert.

Let's try a little experiment using the people who have posted on, have read or will read this thread.

Hands up all those who have hunted a Leopard, wounded and then followed it up with only shotguns and subsequently killed it without any injuries to the hunting party.

Believe me buddy, following up a wounded Leopard is one of the scariest and most dangerous things you can do and I'd bet a pound to a pinch of the brown stuff that the vast majority of (wounded) Leopard follow ups using only shotguns result in serious injuries to the hunters.

Like I said, I don't care what others use but I'll stick to my 500 every time.

Those comments were not intended to offend and I sincerely hope they haven't.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com