GoneShootin
(.224 member)
11/12/07 01:32 PM
Re: Assault weapons

I like France's approach to firearms ownership. It is regulated but much more liberal than australia. For instance:

Air rifles and break open shotguns are unregulated, ie no registration, no big deal about those, with air rifles being allowed to be purchased by 9 year olds as long as they have parental consent.

A self defence weapon (handguns) in the home is permitted, provided it doesn't leave the home. Ammo limit is 50 rounds. Given the restrictions, you cant argue with that, it makes sense.

I definately think air rifle should not require registration in australia, its just completely rediculous, the whole idea of them is really something which can be shot in urbanised area, without consequence of a bullet going stray. Its comparable to passing a law which states that classes push bikes the same as motorbikes.

On the 2nd ammendment rights in the states, i believe that the intention of the law suggests to me that anything that the US military are armed with, should be completely legal to its citizens, since technically those same things can be used againts the citizens.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com