vykkagur
(.300 member)
22/10/20 03:45 PM
Re: Savage's new 6lb- Ultralite-rifle-w-Proof-Research barrel

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Exactly.. would be impossible for me to care any less how it looks while I am out hunting. Apparently I am not alone, look at all the people out hunting with mausers..

And I'm sure you were referring to the current product line from "Mauser", and not the classic family of rifles that we all know and admire...

I made that comment in jest, but actually no. And I will probably be banned off of all firearms sites for life.. But they do nothing for me. Never have. At this state of life, (I'm old) pretty sure that won't change. Fully agree there is nothing much nicer than a beautifully wood stocked rifle for Africa or other destinations. Have plenty of them but they mostly reside in the safe. For what and where I hunt, I'll take a synthetic every time.. no change on POI because of rain, snow, cold, or whatever.. don't care about scratches and niches, etc.. and I like how they look..

Look at it this way, me not liking them leaves more for everyone else...

True on all counts, my friend. I freely admit that synthetic is the way to go for a working rifle in harsh conditions, and I fully support your right to like the weapon of your chosing. If I were an Alaskan guide or someone else who depended on his rifle as a tool of his trade in all weathers, I'd definitely be carrying a stainless/synthetic. I don't argue the functional superiority; I just wish the skinny-jeans kids that "style" them wouldn't try so hard to make them not look "like granddad's rifle", that's all.

And we sure do appreciate that you're leaving more of the good stuff for us. We're returning the courtesy!

Don't worry if you get banned for not liking walnut and blued steel; you can always go over to the black rifle forums. Those junior G.I.Joes will welcome you with open arms. They were injection-moulded at birth.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com