TexasJohn
(.300 member)
07/01/19 09:02 AM
Re: BSA Bolt Action Hornet - Aussie and Kiwis Help

I went to Tradexcanada's web page and looked through their sporting arms (used) - it is worth taking the time just to see all the nice Husky's and '98 Mauser sporters they have in stock. The Husky 46 series is under-appreciated in North America as they are delightful small sporters. I wish they had an outlet in the USA. I did not see any BSA guns in Hornet. The one I purchased is the only one I have seen for sale here in the USA. I took in on a Prairie Dog Safari in May and killed over 100 Prairie Dogs with it. I sighted it in in the field and I still have not shot it on paper; however, I can tell you it is accurate from the consistent head shots I made out to longer ranges. It is a keeper. Hornets built on full sized centerfire actions are not really common - Model 70 and Model 54 Winchesters are expensive, Ruger chamber the #3 and the #1B in Hornet. The #3 is a great little gun - the #1 should have been a 1A rather than the 1B - the limited run of #1A guns (About 775?) makes the hard to find and expensive as well. CZ527 and Brno ZKWs are pretty easy to find. This is what can be done with a Ruger #3 in Hornet:

Contact Us NitroExpress.com