Ripp
(.577 member)
27/02/17 01:18 AM
Re: Dakota Arms Model 10 Sngle Shot

Quote:

Quote:

I've always thought they're beautiful, and one in .257 Roberts would make a sweet little deer rifle. Obviously not an elk cartridge, but how often would you use it for elk anyway? Maybe a .270 Winchester would work better.

Just be sure you don't dry fire a M-10 because you'll break the firing pin.

With the premium bullets now available, the .257 Bob does quite well on Elk.

Not my choice, but a friend's wife uses her BLR in .243 with 85gr. TSX - works a treat - double lungs then exits and they die very quickly.

Art - a .303 with a .308 barrel would also be interesting. I barreled and chambered a P-14 up for my buddy with a .308" barrel and he loves it.

Initially he wanted to use 220gr. Hornady RN's, but found the barrel is a tack driver with 150gr. Interbond SP's from Hornady. He drives than at 2,750fps and they shoot like match bullets, taking deer, bear, moose and elk for him 2 falls ago. The longest shot was the elk at 415 yards - one shot. Keith is an EXCELLENT shot - and was the gold medal winner in our gold medal team at the WPFGames, 1989. He absolutely revels in long range game shooting - & much like you, he is totally capable.

Hey Daryl

Thank you for the info. I feel the same way about the .308..think it would be an excellent choice, especially in a lightweight rifle like this..along with it being fully capable of taking most game in N America

Thank you

Art

Contact Us NitroExpress.com