Dogfish858
(.300 member)
25/11/17 03:02 AM
Re: NZ family gravely ill after eating wild pig

There's nothing pc about my statement. At one family wedding I attended there were 100 people of which 10 were born in Canada...the general color of my extended family is brown. As an observed fact, they are better at dealing with foodborne stuff.

Remembering that immigrants from overseas are usually top class in their home countries and it's not until arrival that they're taken down 47 notches, the people who're sick have a better chance of being pharmacists or engineers than hillbillies -- like my father in law who arrived in Canada with two engineering degrees and was forced to dig ditches for $3.25 hr cause the locals figured he was stupid.

But I digress. Point being: botulism requires 10-30 C in a saltless, anaerobic, basic environment. Potato salad in the sun for five hours, or sausage made with bad meat or otherwise neglected. As an fyi much high end sausage is left at room temp to 'bloom' for hours. It's accepted practice. But animal muscle tissue is aerobic and acidic, and unlikely to have botulism in any quantity. The inside of a muscle is essentially pure. And the only likely food poisoning outcome is the barf-n-vomit weekender.

What is most likely, to me, is 1080 or vegetable poisoning, especially if they ate the intestines, which based on Youtube videos is a likely first stop for non-Islamic Asians.

This is a great forum. I wouldn't polute it with PC lol!

Contact Us NitroExpress.com