Perry
(.275 member)
08/09/11 07:48 PM
Re: SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

Very Cool photo's Grypon, better man than I Gungadin !! Way too close !!

As a 15 year old Easter 1979 while Bowhunting in Far Sth West Queensland I stood on an Inland Taipan, It struck me but thankfully due too a set of heavy Army Fatigue trousers, those Calf length Canvas ex Military boots you could buy back in the late 70's, more than a measure of luck and young reflexes I wasn't invenomated

My Hunting mate reckons I leapt backwards over a 2 foot tall Saltbush, drew and shot my Bow all in one motion, pinning it's head to the ground. One Fang penetrated my Fatigues and struck 1/2" below the top of the Boot I was wearing. There was a drop of Venom on my Boot and a smear on the outside of my Fatigues

We had been walking for 5 hours - If things had of gone differently I would have died as there is no way my mate could have got back to the vehicle, raised help and come back for me in time.

Best part of that trip was I shot my first Pig.

I always thought the Inland Taipan was calm compared to it's Coastal Cousin. Either way I have some Horror stories about run in's with Eastern Brown Snakes while Hunting - they scare me !!

regards Jacko

Contact Us NitroExpress.com