NitroXAdministrator
(.700 member)
08/09/11 12:29 PM
Re: SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

Quote:

For others I was quoting what the law is in these parts. (Oz)

K,

Incorrect. Especially as Australia is made up of a significant number of states and jurisdictions. What Erik described would be 100% legal in most parts of Australia ie removing or killing states that threaten persons, children, pets or livestock. A snake in the garden would represent such a threat. And as for catching them and moving them elsewhere, most people are bitten trying to catch snakes, the others that get too close to them without knowing.

Quote:

The maxim remains that snakes here with a single exception are not agressive (even though most of ours range from deadly to mildly poisonous) and having been a collector/observer all my life I can speak with some authority.

I'm interested, which snake species is the aggressive one per your comment above? (edited: see you answered in a later post. Don't know the Western Brown, only our local Common (Eastern) Brown snakes.

Most species are aggressive starting right now, in Spring as well. From my experience anyway. I'm starting to listen for the sssss and slither in the grass and leaves, starting from yesterday.

Quote:

Can you post a few pics of some of your collection?

Some talk the talk, and others post photos starting interesting discussion .... Even those so environmentally in touch with themselves, hey Gryph?

Thanks for the photos, JG.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com