Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: A lack of Mauser actions (slight rant) . . . ?

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Shooting & Reloading - Mausers, Big Bores and others >> Mauser Discussion Forum

Speedswing
.224 member

Reged: 03/01/07
Loc: Made in USA
Re: A lack of Mauser actions (slight rant) . . . ?
      11/05/07 01:06 AM

Quote:

Folks, I pose this question primarily out of frustration. Unless I'm mistaken, are there no new Commercial-style Mauser 98 actions available in the U.S. anymore? I'm thinking along the lines of the FN Herstal, Interarms Mark X, etc. I know KBI/Charles Daly used to sell actions but now that Remington has entered the equation that source is long gone. I finally located a New-In-Box Interarms Mark X action last week from a gentleman in KS and jumped at the chance to buy it. My frustration arose from the fact that it took about 6 mos. of casual looking and 2 additional months of intensive searching before I found something. (I am currently attending a gunsmithing school and needed an action for a final project.) Should a well-made, (relatively) affordable Mauser action be that difficult to find? I don't understand why one of the most popular actions in history is not more readily available to gunsmiths and custom rifle-makers in the U.S. Of course, everyone would love to have an action from Satterlee, Granite Mountain, or Waffenfabrik-Hein but the reality is that a majority of people cannot afford one of those.

All apologies for making this sound like sour grapes. I'm just genuinely curious to know if new Mauser actions have dried up.

I feel your pain. The mausers should be more available, to the people who want them.

The Mauser action is just not the current fad. Its all about the mighty dollar. Gun company's capable of mass production dont care that you or I want a OG style mauser.

Post Extras Print Post   Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire topic
Subject Posted by Posted on
* A lack of Mauser actions (slight rant) . . . ? pinotguy 08/05/07 01:18 PM
. * * Re: A lack of Mauser actions (slight rant) . . . ? 9.3x57   10/06/07 12:33 PM
. * * Re: A lack of Mauser actions (slight rant) . . . ? ElCaballero   20/08/07 12:59 PM
. * * Re: A lack of Mauser actions (slight rant) . . . ? Whitneymr   30/08/07 03:48 PM
. * * Re: A lack of Mauser actions (slight rant) . . . ? Speedswing   11/05/07 01:06 AM
. * * Re: A lack of Mauser actions (slight rant) . . . ? bulldog563   16/05/07 02:52 PM
. * * Re: A lack of Mauser actions (slight rant) . . . ? xausa   10/05/07 05:08 AM
. * * Re: A lack of Mauser actions (slight rant) . . . ? Roscoe   09/05/07 01:10 AM
. * * Re: A lack of Mauser actions (slight rant) . . . ? wellplugger   09/05/07 04:27 AM
. * * Re: A lack of Mauser actions (slight rant) . . . ? 500Nitro   09/05/07 04:34 AM
. * * Re: A lack of Mauser actions (slight rant) . . . ? pinotguy   09/05/07 09:39 AM
. * * Re: A lack of Mauser actions (slight rant) . . . ? Roscoe   10/05/07 02:03 AM
. * * Re: A lack of Mauser actions (slight rant) . . . ? 500Nitro   09/05/07 10:41 AM

Extra information
0 registered and 28 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  NitroX 

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Thread views: 4331

Rate this thread

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com