Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Bench & load testing technique...

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Double Rifles, Single Shots & Combinations >> Double Rifles

Holmes
.300 member

Reged: 01/12/03
Loc: Wyoming, USA
Re: Bench & load testing technique...
      24/12/03 06:13 AM

I'd be most interested in seeing pics of your rig. Sounds like its time for me to get out the handyman bag and build something like you describe.

I'll have to try off the hood as well when I'm in the field next time. I got out of that habit after a friend of mine was ticketed by a G&F arsehole for shooting from his vehicle. When he took aim from his hood, he raised one foot up on his tire and steadied himself. According to the G&F mental pygmy, it is unlawful to have either foot in contact with a vehicle when shooting. I went to court with him over it and the judge sided with the state. Pretty amazing, eh?

I spent some time last weekend at the range and tossed 40 pills downwind. Felt like I had been hit by a truck for a half hour or so afterward!

The loads I was working with were with H4831 and the Woodleigh 570 soft nose. Last load was 113.5 grains which A-Square listed at 2150fps from their 26" test barrel. My Ruger has a 27" Shilen but I got only 2100fps. They were using their own 570s and I presume it was A-Square brass whereas I'm using Bell. Don't know if I can reach the 2150 with this powder & case combo or not as its rather compressed now. Maybe if I rig up a drop tube about 1 metre in length!

Regards,

-Holmes

Post Extras Print Post   Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire topic
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Bench & load testing technique... Holmes 21/12/03 09:40 AM
. * * Re: Bench & load testing technique... 4seventy   21/12/03 02:04 PM
. * * Re: Bench & load testing technique... mickey   21/12/03 01:47 PM
. * * Re: Bench & load testing technique... Holmes   24/12/03 06:13 AM
. * * Re: Bench & load testing technique... NitroXAdministrator   22/12/03 02:08 AM
. * * Re: Bench & load testing technique... mickey   22/12/03 03:06 AM

Extra information
0 registered and 80 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  CptCurl 

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Thread views: 2613

Rate this thread

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com