Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Thoughs about Blaser & Krieghoff double rifles???

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Double Rifles, Single Shots & Combinations >> Double Rifles

DUGABOY1
.400 member

Reged: 02/02/03
Loc: TEXAS USA
Re: Thoughs about Blaser & Krieghoff double rifles???
      12/12/03 07:51 AM

I agree with your way of reading the Bible! I have handeled both rifles, and they are both double rifles. That is about the limit of the comparison, outside the de-cocking safety!

The things I don't like about the Blazer are the hood over the chambers, that is necessary for the lock up design, but interferes with loading, especially in a hurry! The second thing is the bands around the muzzles makes the rifle look like it was made to be sold in K-Mart. Though I understand it's purpose for regulateing it could have been done better. NOW, the real stinker is the "RUBBER" rib between the barrels, UGGGGGGGGGgggggggggggggly. I have no doubt this rifle will work and shoot well, and live a long time, but it simply has no bay in my vault!

The Krieghoff is another story, and though the De-cocking safe system, is misunderstood by most people, It really is not as accident prone as some think! This system is simply a hammer gun without hammers! What I mean by this is, when the rifle is loaded, and closed, the so-called "SAFETY" de-cocks the hammers (strikers)much the same way a hammer gun has the hammers down till the rifle is needed, then the hammers are cocked. The difference is, this rifle cocks the strikers every time the rifle is broken, the same as any hammerless, and has to be re-cocked only when the SAFETY has been used to make it safe. This opperation takes some pressure on the "SAFETY", but can be used properly with a little practice.

The bottom line, for me, is between the two you mention my choice the Krieghoff! That however is a personal thing!

Your choice of chambering (9.3X74R)for what you want a double rifle for, is a perfect one, IMO! Though I like double triggers, on a non-dangerous game double a single trigger isn't a real drawback. It does, however, take away the real purpose of a double rifle, the completely indipendant pair of rifles on the same stock, if it breaks. With two triggers, you still have single shot, with the single trigger you have an 8 lb club.

As Mick says there are the Cahpuis, and the Merkel in your choice of chambering, as well, and both can be had with a pair o 20 ga barrels, but I don't know about single trigger. One thing the Merkel has is, it is available with a set of "CAPE GUN" barrels, with the 9.3X74R barrel on the right, and a 20ga barrel on the left.

I have a Merkel 140E 9.3X74R, and I'm going to have a set of Cape barrels made for mine!

You are the one buying the double rifle, so get the one YOU like the best! Any double rifle is better than not haveing one at all!

--------------------
..........Mac >>>===(x)===>
DUGABOY1, and MacD37 founding member of DRSS www.doublerifleshooterssociety.com
"If I die today, I have had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"

Post Extras Print Post   Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire topic
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Thoughs about Blaser & Krieghoff double rifles??? DBBill 11/12/03 07:04 PM
. * * Re: Thoughs about Blaser & Krieghoff double rifles??? NE450No2   12/12/03 04:37 PM
. * * Re: Thoughs about Blaser & Krieghoff double rifles??? Chasseur   12/12/03 02:33 PM
. * * Re: Thoughs about Blaser & Krieghoff double rifles??? 4seventy   12/12/03 04:21 PM
. * * Re: Thoughs about Blaser & Krieghoff double rifles??? DUGABOY1   12/12/03 07:51 AM
. * * Re: Thoughs about Blaser & Krieghoff double rifles??? 4seventy   12/12/03 04:13 PM
. * * Re: Thoughs about Blaser & Krieghoff double rifles??? DUGABOY1   13/12/03 07:26 AM
. * * Re: Thoughs about Blaser & Krieghoff double rifles??? 4seventy   13/12/03 09:15 AM
. * * Re: Thoughs about Blaser & Krieghoff double rifles??? DUGABOY1   14/12/03 05:15 AM
. * * Re: Thoughs about Blaser & Krieghoff double rifles??? NitroXAdministrator   12/12/03 12:04 PM
. * * Re: Thoughs about Blaser & Krieghoff double rifles??? NitroXAdministrator   11/12/03 07:39 PM
. * * Re: Thoughs about Blaser & Krieghoff double rifles??? mickey   12/12/03 05:34 AM

Extra information
1 registered and 140 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  CptCurl 

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Thread views: 6462

Rate this thread

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com