Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Used double rifle ... used double trouble!

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Double Rifles, Single Shots & Combinations >> Double Rifles

DUGABOY1
.400 member

Reged: 02/02/03
Loc: TEXAS USA
Re: Used double rifle ... used double trouble!
      08/11/05 02:48 PM

In reply to:

As the seller has always made a big point about his honour and reputation I would think if a double was sold with major pre-existing issues, it would be able to be returned with full refund.

Sometimes honour and commercial terms are not bedfellows.

You are absolutely right Nitro, that is if the seller "KNEW" there was anything wrong with the rifle when he shipped it! It has come to light, lately, that the seller doesn't do his own loading, and the buyer broke down some of the loads,sent with the rifle,after the damage was done,(wrong time) and found them to be inconsistant in powder weight. As much as 4 full grains high in two cases.

I'm not saying the seller is not responsible for loads he commissioned, but the fact that the chambers may have been damaged after it left the seller's hands, indicates to me this is not an HONOUR issue on either party, but a screw-up on the part of the loader. Since the rifle was OK when sent, It stands to reason the seller is reluctant to take the the word of the buyer that he didn't damage the rifle himself, and I believe he did, but with the loads sent by the seller. It IS a mess, but I see no intentional intent to rid himself of a damaged rifle,by the seller. this was simply the exercise of poor judgement on the part of both parties! The seller for trusting someone else to load his ammo, and the buyer for useing unknown handloads in a $14K double rifle. Both are at fault, but neither is at fault because of any dishonour, but poor judgement, IMO.

The thing that angers me is, everyone being willing to trash a person without all the info.

I've already pulled out of this fiasco once before, because I'm not willing to join the shark like feeding frenzy ,out for blood. I got attacked for my trouble.

All I'm asking is, no matter who is found guilty, I don't believe the dicision should be made here in these kangaroo courts! That is why I suggest folks withhold makeing public judgements till they know the facts, and nobody knows that except the two parties involved. The diagnosis of what caused the damage is a thing we should be determining, not guilt, or innocence, or honour or dishonour! Even they may not know yet,what caused this, but they should get together and confront the loader with the bad loads. I still do not think this is an Honour issue, but an empass because of lack of knowledge, and poor judgement on both sides! It is a sorry state of afairs, and I feel for both sides, especially with a lench mob banging on the cell door!

I'll leave you to your feeding now!

--------------------
..........Mac >>>===(x)===>
DUGABOY1, and MacD37 founding member of DRSS www.doublerifleshooterssociety.com
"If I die today, I have had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"

Post Extras Print Post   Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire topic
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Used double rifle ... used double trouble! jep21 04/11/05 01:24 PM
. * * Re: Used double rifle ... used double trouble! srose   05/11/05 06:08 AM
. * * Re: Used double rifle ... used double trouble! DUGABOY1   05/11/05 03:25 AM
. * * Re: Used double rifle ... used double trouble! NitroXAdministrator   05/11/05 03:41 AM
. * * Re: Used double rifle ... used double trouble! DUGABOY1   08/11/05 02:48 PM
. * * Re: Used double rifle ... used double trouble! mickey   08/11/05 03:26 PM
. * * Re: Used double rifle ... used double trouble! 500grains   08/11/05 03:21 PM
. * * Re: Used double rifle ... used double trouble! mbogo375   08/11/05 06:01 PM
. * * Re: Used double rifle ... used double trouble! Rusty   08/11/05 08:49 PM
. * * Re: Used double rifle ... used double trouble! tinker   05/11/05 05:05 AM
. * * Re: Used double rifle ... used double trouble! EricD   05/11/05 04:54 AM
. * * Re: Used double rifle ... used double trouble! 500grains   04/11/05 01:25 PM
. * * Re: Used double rifle ... used double trouble! jep21   04/11/05 01:41 PM
. * * Re: Used double rifle ... used double trouble! 500grains   04/11/05 02:15 PM
. * * Re: Used double rifle ... used double trouble! mickey   04/11/05 02:27 PM
. * * Re: Used double rifle ... used double trouble! jep21   04/11/05 03:31 PM
. * * Re: Used double rifle ... used double trouble! 500Nitro   04/11/05 06:29 PM
. * * Re: Used double rifle ... used double trouble! bonanza   05/11/05 02:03 AM
. * * Re: Used double rifle ... used double trouble! 400NitroExpress   05/11/05 05:48 AM
. * * Re: Used double rifle ... used double trouble! 500grains   04/11/05 02:36 PM

Extra information
2 registered and 54 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  CptCurl 

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Thread views: 5101

Rate this thread

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com