Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Who owns the meat?

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Hunting >> Hunting in Africa & hunting dangerous game

BigBullet
.224 member

Reged: 06/03/04
Loc: Yulee, FL USA
Re: Who owns the meat?
      14/09/05 01:21 AM

NitroX,

The real answer is "it depends". There are different "procedures" and price lists for international hunters as opposed to local (biltong) hunters. My experience is limited to RSA and Namibia, but in these areas the meat is owned by the landowner, not the international. In most instances this is not a big deal because you have no place to put 200 kg of kudu.

For local hunters, they do get the meat or half the meat, the rest going to the landowner. Then the local can sell the meat to a butcher or keep it for himself. If you sell it to a butcher, you can currently expect about 1.20 USD per kilo. This is used to offset the cost of your hunting which can be a good deal.

If the rancher keeps it, it is used for his own purpose, feeding ranch staff, sold to the butcher or donated to food pantries in the area. I have seen all these end uses for the places in Namibia.

When hunting tribal areas, the meat goes to the local tribes for their use and distribution.

BigBullet

--------------------
"But I have always held it little short of criminality to anticipate evils, I will allow it to be a good, comfortable road until I am compelled to believe otherwise." William Clark May 1805

Post Extras Print Post   Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire topic
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Who owns the meat? NitroXAdministrator 13/09/05 01:13 PM
. * * Re: Who owns the meat? larcher   14/09/05 05:23 AM
. * * Re: Who owns the meat? EricD   14/09/05 02:14 AM
. * * Re: Who owns the meat? 500grains   13/09/05 02:23 PM
. * * Re: Who owns the meat? BigBullet   14/09/05 01:21 AM

Extra information
0 registered and 25 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:   

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Thread views: 1725

Rate this thread

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com