Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: ceylon -leopard attack water buffalo calf but have no succes

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Hunting >> Hunting in Asia

NitroXAdministrator
.700 member

Reged: 25/12/02
Loc: Barossa Valley, South Australi...
Re: ceylon -leopard attack water buffalo calf but have no succes
      14/02/21 07:37 PM

Yala in Sri Lanka is a great place to see leopard. We saw two and three leopard there.

My wife and the driver on the right side of the vehicle saw a leopard charge out of the bushes and take a wild pig. The guide and I on the other side of the vehicle didn't see the leopard at all. I saw the pigs run and flee but no leopard! Was the angle wrong, or just too fast for me?! We had been sitting there for a half hour or more listening to the jungle folk telling us a leopard was moving and nearby.

Have been close to leopard in Africa and also India, but never saw one. One killed a monkey a hundred metres away from camp in the Mara in Kenya. In India near Bavarandgarh (splg?_ there were tracks beside our tent, right next to a sandy creek the next morning.

I would mind going back to Yala, especially if I could find a really good and knowledgeable guide. And especially if I could get access tot he 80% of the park not accessible to tourists. Wild elephants, perhaps wild buffalo - one never knows as domestic buffalo may wander in and out - leopards and deer and other game. No tigers in Sri Lanka. A reason the leopards there are larger than elsewhere.

--------------------
John aka NitroX

Govt get out of our lives NOW!
"I love the smell of cordite in the morning."
"A Sharp spear needs no polish"

Post Extras Print Post   Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire topic
Subject Posted by Posted on
* ceylon -leopard attack water buffalo calf but have no succes lancaster 14/02/21 06:41 AM
. * * Re: ceylon -leopard attack water buffalo calf but have no succes DarylS   14/02/21 11:46 AM
. * * Re: ceylon -leopard attack water buffalo calf but have no succes NitroXAdministrator   14/02/21 07:37 PM

Extra information
0 registered and 8 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:   

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Thread views: 931

Rate this thread

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com