Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: The End of the Game -non-pub BBC buffalo hunt doc LIVE LINK

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Hunting >> Hunting in Africa & hunting dangerous game

NitroXAdministrator
.700 member

Reged: 25/12/02
Loc: Barossa Valley, South Australi...
The End of the Game -non-pub BBC buffalo hunt doc LIVE LINK
      09/12/19 08:09 PM

https://youtu.be/7JRqDYjv7qA

The End of the Game ; WHY STORIES (Documentary)
1,866 views•4 May 2020

THE WHY
97.3K subscribers
A committed vegan, David, follows 73-year-old colonial relic Guy Wallace to South Africa as he fulfills a lifelong ambition to bag a Cape buffalo. It’s Guy’s last chance to relive his glory days and finally lay down his guns. The oddball relationship between David and Guy is the central drive of the film as the director explores the ethics of big game hunting and questions his own animal rights stance when lured in by the thrill of the hunt. THE END OF THE GAME is a compelling character study of a bizarre eccentric undertaking his last big game hunt in Africa.

Filmmakers: David Graham Scott

Movie restored to public access.

Watch it while you can.

The End of the Game

https://youtu.be/y-JCpy3YCy0
VIDEO HAS BEEN MADE PRIVATE

Quote:

Interesting film about an old character on his last Buffalo hunt that was supposed to be shown on the BBC (but they got cold feet)

David G Scott

918 subscribers

The film is free but a donation is appreciated: https://www.paypal.me/theendofthegameDISABLELINK

Even £1 is better than nothing - I'm totally serious.
This is a poetic documentary about an old colonial character I met in the north Highlands of Scotland.
It's a portrait of an old man in decline rather than a straightforward polemic on veganism and hunting.
I accept some people will see me as a vegan turncoat but this is the way I make documentaries - I build up a relationship with the subject to see what makes them tick.
This film has been sitting in limbo thanks to the BBC saying they would broadcast the film and recently changing their mind. There are issues with the main character. Too hot to handle I guess.

What's the point of making documentaries if certain people are off limits? Isn't this what documentary is supposed to be all about?

I find Guy Wallace an intriguing character but that doesn't mean I agree with him. I even understand aspects of his lifestyle but again this does not mean that I validate these as ways I wish to live myself.

In 2005 I had an idea stolen from me by a BBC team working at White City in London. After making a film for them the year before it was a startling act of brazen audacity and a real slap in the face.

Various other actions over the years by production companies and similar bodies have led me to the decision to quit making documentaries. This is my last film.

The current climate with fake reality shows and staged documentaries says it all. I just don't fit in.

Anyway, I hope you like the film. It's not overwhelmingly pro-vegan or anti-hunting in its essential drive as I think that would have limited it.

It is what it is.

DGS x

Category
Film & Animation
Music in this video
Learn more
Listen ad-free with YouTube Premium
Song
Quartet for Violin, Viola, Cello and Double Bass
Artist
The Robinson Panoramic Quartet
Album
Matthew Whiteside: Dichroic Light
Licensed to YouTube by
CD Baby (on behalf of Matthew Whiteside), and 4 Music Rights Societies

--------------------
John aka NitroX

Govt get out of our lives NOW!
"I love the smell of cordite in the morning."
"A Sharp spear needs no polish"

Edited by NitroX (03/06/20 12:03 AM)

Post Extras Print Post   Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire topic
Subject Posted by Posted on
* The End of the Game -non-pub BBC buffalo hunt doc LIVE LINK NitroXAdministrator 09/12/19 08:09 PM
. * * Re: The End of the Game - non published BBC buffalo hunt movie NitroXAdministrator   09/12/19 08:12 PM
. * * Re: The End of the Game - non published BBC buffalo hunt movie DarylS   10/12/19 03:51 AM
. * * Re: The End of the Game - non published BBC buffalo hunt movie NitroXAdministrator   14/12/19 01:43 AM
. * * Re: The End of the Game - non published BBC buffalo hunt movie NitroXAdministrator   14/12/19 02:37 AM
. * * Re: The End of the Game - non published BBC buffalo hunt movie NitroXAdministrator   14/12/19 03:27 AM
. * * The End of the Game - buffalo hunt movie - worth watching NitroXAdministrator   15/12/19 07:46 PM
. * * Re: The End of the Game - buffalo hunt movie - worth watching NitroXAdministrator   16/12/19 08:17 PM
. * * Re: The End of the Game - buffalo hunt movie - worth watching NitroXAdministrator   16/12/19 09:03 PM
. * * Re: The End of the Game - buffalo hunt movie - worth watching NitroXAdministrator   16/12/19 09:26 PM
. * * Re: The End of the Game - buffalo hunt movie - worth watching NitroXAdministrator   16/12/19 09:49 PM
. * * Re: The End of the Game - buffalo hunt movie - worth watching NitroXAdministrator   16/12/19 10:10 PM
. * * Re: The End of the Game - buffalo hunt movie - worth watching Ripp   17/12/19 12:40 AM
. * * Re: The End of the Game - buffalo hunt movie - worth watching NitroXAdministrator   06/02/20 01:47 AM
. * * The End of the Game - buffalo hunt movie - viewable again NitroXAdministrator   02/06/20 09:55 PM
. * * Re: The End of the Game - buffalo hunt movie - viewable again lancaster   03/06/20 04:18 AM
. * * Re: The End of the Game - buffalo hunt movie - viewable again NitroXAdministrator   01/03/22 03:37 PM

Extra information
0 registered and 42 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:   

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Thread views: 6163

Rate this thread

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com