Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Hunting in Ghana

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Hunting >> Hunting in Africa & hunting dangerous game

dracb
.300 member

Reged: 28/02/13
Loc: British Columbia
Re: Hunting in Ghana
      10/04/19 07:24 AM

Karl
I spent a few months living in the bush in Ghana more or less 30 years or so back. I got dropped off by my client in the bush with a couple of local helpers, a cook and a minimal camp. I was struck by the general lack of not just game animals, but animals of all sorts. There must have been some beasties around because according to my camp staff there was an annual competition for teams of men to run down small antelope. I also remember that any electrical wiring left available to the local villagers disappeared faster than a smoke ring. It was explained to me that it was used to snare rats or rat like animals. Apparently there was a ready market attracting a price that was a large percentage of the local daily wage. The details did not come through clearly from my Twi speaking help since they were still teaching me twi at about a two year old level

--------------------
"The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living are now outnumbered by those who vote for a living."

Post Extras Print Post   Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire topic
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Hunting in Ghana Karl 09/04/19 09:17 PM
. * * Re: Hunting in Ghana dracb   10/04/19 07:24 AM

Extra information
1 registered and 75 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:   

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Thread views: 901

Rate this thread

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com