Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: 1959 Model GK

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Shooting & Reloading - Mausers, Big Bores and others >> Mannlicher Discussion forum & Archive

RisingBite
.224 member

Reged: 02/05/18
Loc: Queensland
1959 Model GK
      03/05/18 05:21 PM

Gentlemen, greetings. My first ever post here and a new member. Recently I acquired a 1959 GK, chambered 7x64, which happens to be my favorite cartridge. The rifle came by way of a very good mate who has a knack of finding these things.
The rifle overall is in VG condition, bore is a tad shy of new.A few marks upon the stock, probably from careless storage.
The scope is a Hensoldt Diavari 1.5-6x36, with a 14mm dovetail rail, to which is attached AKAH Claw mounts.Double front claw, single rear with windage adjustment.Optically, the scope is equal to if not better than the three Kahles scopes I have, perhaps my myopia is worse than I thought but the zeilfernrohr, is exquisite.Typical tapered pickets reticle, I am not sure of the Austrian/German description or model.
I emailed Hensoldt, hoping they might be able to date the scope via the serial number and received a rather curious response.Quote;

Dear Mr.H,
many thanks for your e-mail.
The device in question, a telescopic sight Diavari 1,5-6x42 is a product from Zeiss.
We asked by Zeiss for the serial number and they told us, that they cannot find anything.
Sorry, but in this case we cannot help you.
Mit freundlichen Grüßen / with kind regards.

Gentlemen, Is it possible Ziess made Hensoldt scopes, personally I think not. I have a number of magazines from the 1950's and 60's that have advertisements for Hensoldt and the add describes the scope I have perfectly. I would hazard a guess and say the scope is period correct but it would be nice to date it.

yours in appreciation
Mike.

I will of course post some pictures of the 1959 GK as soon as I figure out the routine

Post Extras Print Post   Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire topic
Subject Posted by Posted on
* 1959 Model GK RisingBite 03/05/18 05:21 PM
. * * Re: 1959 Model GK Igorrock   03/05/18 06:27 PM
. * * Re: 1959 Model GK PatagonHunter   04/05/18 12:02 AM
. * * Re: 1959 Model GK RisingBite   04/05/18 04:09 PM

Extra information
0 registered and 40 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  CptCurl 

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Thread views: 1675

Rate this thread

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com