Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Mount and Rings 1961 MCA

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Shooting & Reloading - Mausers, Big Bores and others >> Mannlicher Discussion forum & Archive

DUGABOY1
.400 member

Reged: 02/02/03
Loc: TEXAS USA
Re: Mount and Rings 1961 MCA
      19/03/18 05:07 AM

I have a 1961MCA 243WIN that is fitted with the Readfield mounts. The Readfield mounts are very well made and have been on the rifle since I bought it in 1963. I'm glad to hear that someone is making a mount that is like the old Redfield original.

The original Mannlicher Shoenauer rifles and carbines are some of to finest rifles I have ever owned regardless of price point. My 243 1961Mca has had well over 5000 rounds of hot hand-loads over the years, and has taken many deer, and pronghorn along with hundreds of coyotes and bobcats, and will still put five shots under a postage stamp @ 100 yards every time off the bench.

The hammer forged barrel is top class in barrel making! I wish Mannlicher had not discontinued the MS version with it's rotary magazine, and control feed action. I understand that the cost of making the original was dropped in favor of the cheaper to make PUSH-FEED things they call Mannlichers today but I wish they would go back to the old one.

...........................................Mac

--------------------
..........Mac >>>===(x)===>
DUGABOY1, and MacD37 founding member of DRSS www.doublerifleshooterssociety.com
"If I die today, I have had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"

Post Extras Print Post   Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire topic
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Mount and Rings 1961 MCA Lawman 13/03/16 12:39 AM
. * * Re: Mount and Rings 1961 MCA Lawman   19/03/16 09:29 AM
. * * Re: Mount and Rings 1961 MCA Lawman   09/03/18 01:41 AM
. * * Re: Mount and Rings 1961 MCA DUGABOY1   19/03/18 05:07 AM

Extra information
0 registered and 28 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  CptCurl 

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Thread views: 2262

Rate this thread

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com