Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: A Few of My Favorite Things

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Miscellaneous Topics >> Sporting equipment

Miller
.275 member

Reged: 01/05/03
Loc: Sydney, NSW AUS
A Few of My Favorite Things
      01/06/03 03:14 PM

Here are a few things that have been with me most of the places around the globe that I have been, Orvis wingshooting jacket from 1987, L.L. Bean wool crusher hat, Swarovski 8X30 SLC binoculars, 1967 Nikkormat Ftn w/ a vintage Nikkor 35mm F1.4, bamboo flyrod from my grandfather made in 1939 with an equally ancient Pflueger Medalist reel.

Not shown are a pair of omnipresent Danner boots, which I am trying desperately to convince the other half that I need a new pair since my current pair are actively seeking retirement, I am well on the way since, she has 2 pair of her own which she says, she would choose over me if it came to the wire.

Most of my prized possesions are older than I am, stuff that has a history and you could spend a fascinating evening with around the campfire if they could tell of the adventures they had seen in their extended lives.

I sorely miss my library of hunting, fishing, and outdoors books, since moving here to Sydney. Those days that life dictates that you cannot be afield can be compensated for by evening spent with a good book, a scotch and a fire, unfortunately, life has not allowed many oppurtunities for either lately.

Anyone else have prized possesions that they drag with them around the world for comfort or good luck?

Lynn Miller

Post Extras Print Post   Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire topic
Subject Posted by Posted on
* A Few of My Favorite Things Miller 01/06/03 03:14 PM
. * * Re: A Few of My Favorite Things eldeguello   05/07/03 04:19 AM
. * * Re: A Few of My Favorite Things ovis   03/06/03 05:39 AM
. * * Re: A Few of My Favorite Things gryphon   02/06/03 05:38 AM
. * * Re: A Few of My Favorite Things Miller   02/06/03 06:48 PM
. * * Re: A Few of My Favorite Things gryphon   03/06/03 05:38 AM

Extra information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  NitroX 

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Thread views: 2794

Rate this thread

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com