Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: My latest acquisition, Heinrich Krieghoff M98

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Shooting & Reloading - Mausers, Big Bores and others >> Mauser Forum Photos & Archive

Kammerherren
.224 member

Reged: 22/02/11
Loc: Norway
My latest acquisition, Heinrich Krieghoff M98
      22/05/17 04:17 AM

Recently I was offered this rifle for a very reasonable price, 2500,- NOK, equals to just under 300,-USD. The pictures I had available were rubbish, but I liked the stock and the full ribbed barrel, so I gambled. When I received it I found one really big flaw. The magazine is not original to the rifle. As you can see in the pictures, the stock, action and barrel have the same serial number, so they belong together. This is the first really old Heinrich Krieghoff rifle based on a M98 action I have ever seen, so I’m not familiar with them. My first guess was that the action was made by Mauser, but based on the different stamps found on the action; I don’t believe this is the case. Anyone feel like trying to shed some light on this action? The chambering are 6,5x54MS.

--------------------
Collects guns made at Kongsberg Våpenfabrikk in Norway and European sporting rifles 1890-1940, feel free to have a look at my homepage. www.oldkongsbergarms.com

Post Extras Print Post   Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire topic
Subject Posted by Posted on
* My latest acquisition, Heinrich Krieghoff M98 Kammerherren 22/05/17 04:17 AM
. * * Re: My latest acquisition, Heinrich Krieghoff M98 lancaster   22/05/17 06:13 AM
. * * Re: My latest acquisition, Heinrich Krieghoff M98 Igorrock   22/05/17 11:28 PM
. * * Re: My latest acquisition, Heinrich Krieghoff M98 Kammerherren   23/05/17 06:14 AM

Extra information
0 registered and 22 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  CptCurl 

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Thread views: 3270

Rate this thread

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com