Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: My ugly bad weather hunting rifle

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Shooting & Reloading - Mausers, Big Bores and others >> Mannlicher Discussion forum & Archive

cordite
.333 member

Reged: 29/01/07
Loc: NW Montana
My ugly bad weather hunting rifle
      26/03/17 05:00 AM

There are so many beautiful rifles posted here that I feel the need to balance the scales a bit. I bet most of us have a rifle that will not win any beauty contests but feels good in the hands and just gets the job done in any kind of weather. I have a couple of fiberglass stocked rifles that meet this description but sometimes I want something a bit more traditional, or "old fashioned".

[image]http://s1102.photobucket.com/user/cordite_lee1/media/20170322_153223_zpsywdqc8nk.jpg.html][/URL][/image]

This 1914 hembrug rifle was was rebarreled and a set of smle sights installed. I added a big brass bead up front and it has, without a doubt, the best using open sights I have ever seen. They just work for me and my old eyes. I figured it was rebarreled to 303 British but it turned out to be 30-40 krag. The krag rims need to be turned down just a bit to fit the clips designed originally for the 6.5x53r cartridge but that is not a big deal. I can also use 303 brass with the shoulder pushed back. It is a lot of fun to shoot and of course, the action is as smooth as any ever made.

Post Extras Print Post   Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire topic
Subject Posted by Posted on
* My ugly bad weather hunting rifle cordite 26/03/17 05:00 AM
. * * Re: My ugly bad weather hunting rifle cordite   26/03/17 06:04 AM
. * * Re: My ugly bad weather hunting rifle 93x64mm   26/03/17 08:06 AM
. * * Re: My ugly bad weather hunting rifle DarylS   26/03/17 08:27 AM
. * * Re: My ugly bad weather hunting rifle Claydog   26/03/17 08:32 AM

Extra information
1 registered and 23 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  CptCurl 

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Thread views: 2259

Rate this thread

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com