Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Ordered a Husqvarna 46 today.

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Shooting & Reloading - Mausers, Big Bores and others >> Mauser Discussion Forum

mart
.300 member

Reged: 20/01/04
Loc: Alaska
Ordered a Husqvarna 46 today.
      06/01/16 05:49 PM

After quite a while of watching for a Husqvarna 46 in 9.3x57, I finally ordered one today. Simpsons had one with a good bore, fair stock and claw mount bases along with the original iron sights for a good price. I have a buddy with several sets of claw mount rings as well as 5 or 6 scopes with the claw mount rings on them. He said he's pretty sure he can fix me up with the right rings and scope for the rifle. I know they will most likely need to be fitted and he's capable of the job.

I leave in the morning for the north slope for two weeks but while I'm away will be ordering components for the rifle in preparation for the rifle's arrival and my return home. My question is; what bullets have you gentlemen found to be best suited for the 9.3x57? I picked up a box of the 270 grain Speers today and have been looking at the North Forks, Woodleighs, Hawks, Nosler Accubond and Partition along with the Hornadys and Norma Oryx. Are any better suited to the more pedestrian velocities of the x57 or should I expect good performance from all of them? I'm not a real big fan of mono metals in classic guns so will be sticking with more traditional cup and core bullets.

Thanks gents for any insight and advice.

Post Extras Print Post   Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire topic
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Ordered a Husqvarna 46 today. mart 06/01/16 05:49 PM
. * * Re: Ordered a Husqvarna 46 today. Iowa_303s   06/01/16 07:00 PM
. * * Re: Ordered a Husqvarna 46 today. Viking338   06/01/16 08:02 PM
. * * Re: Ordered a Husqvarna 46 today. DarylS   07/01/16 04:12 AM
. * * Re: Ordered a Husqvarna 46 today. mart   07/01/16 04:36 AM

Extra information
0 registered and 40 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  NitroX 

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Thread views: 2551

Rate this thread

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com